- not out41335041124.24not out20172502117.64Extras14 (lb 6, w 8)TOTAL142/7 (20 Overs, RR: 7.1)Fall of wickets: 1-16 (Jason Roy, 2.6 ov), 2-42 (James Vince, 5.3 ov), 3-42 (Eoin Morgan, 5.4 ov), 4-42 (Joe Root, 5.6 ov), 5-50 (Jos Buttler, 8.1 ov), 6-57 (Ben Stokes, 9.2 ov), 7-85 (Chris Jordan, 14.3 ov)
- not out35202342175.00not out00900-Extras6 (lb 2, w 4)TOTAL127/9 (20 Overs, RR: 6.35)Fall of wickets: 1-4 (Mohammad Shahzad, 0.3 ov), 2-12 (Asghar Afghan, 1.6 ov), 3-13 (Gulbadin Naib, 2.6 ov), 4-35 (Rashid Khan, 7.5 ov), 5-39 (Noor Ali Zadran, 8.5 ov), 6-64 (Mohammad Nabi, 12.5 ov), 7-85 (Najibullah Zadran, 15.4 ov), 8-94 (Samiullah Shinwari, 16.4 ov), 9-108 (Amir Hamza, 18.1 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 42 runs, 4 wickets)
- England: 50 runs in 7.5 overs (47 balls), Extras 3
- England: 100 runs in 17.1 overs (103 balls), Extras 10
- 8th Wicket: 50 runs in 29 balls (MM Ali 26, DJ Willey 19, Ex 5)
- Innings Break: England - 142/7 in 20.0 overs (MM Ali 41, DJ Willey 20)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 28 runs, 3 wickets)
- Afghanistan: 50 runs in 10.6 overs (66 balls), Extras 3
- Afghanistan: 100 runs in 16.6 overs (102 balls), Extras 6
Taking on Afghanistan at their own game very nearly cost England, despite Eoin Morgan's claims to the contrary
Rashid Khan, Afghanistan's teenage legspinner, believed "100%" that his team were on course for victory over England after they had claimed six wickets in the first 10 overs of their contest at Delhi
England survived a major scare against Afghanistan to sustain their World T20 hopes, recovering from 85 for 7 to steal home by 15 runs
Two impassioned screams for lbw, neither of them given, told the story of an Afghanistan side who are so close to winning, but just can't get over the line
Runs scored by England in their last three overs, without losing any wicket. They moved from 98 in 17 overs to 142 at the end.
Runs scored by England in the first 15 overs - their joint third-lowest in T20Is when batting first.
Previous instances of Eng losing 4 wickets in the Powerplays, before this - vs Aus, Southampton, 2013. Morgan's only previous T20I duck was also in that match.
No. of consecutive T20Is where Eng haven't had any opening stand of 50+ runs, including today. Their last was 98 between Hales & Lumb v WI before WT20 2014.
Average first innings total in the last 20 T20s played at Kotla since the last World T20. In 12 of those matches the chasing team won.
No. of T20s hosted by Feroz Shah Kotla, before this match - most for any Indian venue. But this is the first T20I here. There have been two Women T20Is though.