- not out2780028.57not out11200100.00Extras7 (lb 2, w 5)TOTAL124/8 (20 Overs, RR: 6.2)Fall of wickets: 1-23 (Gautam Gambhir, 3.1 ov), 2-34 (Manish Pandey, 4.2 ov), 3-44 (Robin Uthappa, 6.2 ov), 4-55 (Piyush Chawla, 9.2 ov), 5-61 (Shakib Al Hasan, 11.3 ov), 6-102 (Suryakumar Yadav, 16.5 ov), 7-120 (Yusuf Pathan, 18.2 ov), 8-122 (Jason Holder, 19.3 ov)
- not out53366571147.22not out11101510110.00Extras17 (lb 1, w 16)TOTAL125/4 (13.3 Overs, RR: 9.25)Fall of wickets: 1-0 (Dwayne Smith, 0.1 ov), 2-18 (Brendon McCullum, 1.2 ov), 3-38 (Dinesh Karthik, 3.5 ov), 4-97 (Aaron Finch, 9.5 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 44 runs, 2 wickets)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 50 runs in 8.2 overs (50 balls), Extras 5
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 100 runs in 16.4 overs (100 balls), Extras 6
- Innings Break: Kolkata Knight Riders - 124/8 in 20.0 overs (SP Narine 2, M Morkel 1)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 55 runs, 3 wickets)
- Gujarat Lions: 50 runs in 5.1 overs (31 balls), Extras 7
- 4th Wicket: 50 runs in 34 balls (SK Raina 21, AJ Finch 25, Ex 9)
- Gujarat Lions: 100 runs in 10.5 overs (65 balls), Extras 17
- SK Raina: 50 off 33 balls (7 x 4, 1 x 6)
Dwayne Smith claimed four wickets for just eight runs - his best T20 bowling figures - as his side Gujarat convincingly beat Kolkata by six wickets in the Indian Twenty20 competition in Kanpur on Thursday.
Plays of the day from Kanpur's first T20 clash, involving Gujarat Lions and Kolkata Knight Riders
Dwayne Smith used a green Kanpur pitch as his ally to return figures of 4 for 8, setting up Gujarat Lions' six-wicket win against Kolkata Knight Riders
Win-loss record for Gujarat Lions when chasing in this IPL. They won just once while batting first in 4 matches
Runs for Raina in IPL. He becomes the 2nd player to reach there; Kohli got there in the last match. Raina also goes past Kohli's 4002 runs to become leading run-getter.
No. of cheaper 4-fors in IPL, than Dwayne Smith's 4 for 8 in this match - Kumble took 5/5 and Rohit Sharma 4/6, both in 2009. These are Smith's best figures in T20s.
No. of times KKR has scored less than 60 runs in the first ten overs of the innings in this IPL - both against Gujarat Lions; 57 at Eden Gardens and 55 in Kanpur today.
Last time Dwayne Smith took 3 or more wickets in a T20, before this match. He bowled 33 times between these 2 instances.
No. of times Gambhir has been run out in T20s - most by a batsman. He went past Jayawardene's 20 such dismissals. 4th run out for Gambhir in this IPL.
No. of India players with 5000 or more runs in T20s. Uthappa is the 5th to do so with this match. Kohli, Raina, Rohit and Gambhir are the others.
No. of T20s hosted by Green Park stadium in Kanpur, before this. There has never been a Day/Night or Night match of any format here prior to this match.