Sialkot Stallions 48 for 1 (Shoaib Malik 31*) beat Multan Tigers 47 for 9 (Raza Hasan 3-11, Adeel Malik 2-10) by 9 wickets

Sialkot Stallions stormed into the semi-final of the Faysal Bank Super Eight T-20 Cup after crushing Multan Tigers, who collapsed for the lowest total in Pakistan domestic Twenty20s. The match was delayed by rain for 70 minutes due to wet outfield and reduced to 14 overs a side in which Stallions opted to bowl first.

Tigers got off to a dismal start as Raza Hasan, the main destroyer, ripped through their top order, leaving them reeling at 14 for 5 which also included two run-outs. Only Kashif Naved (16 off 28) fought for his double figures as the two brothers - Shoaib and Adeel Malik - took three wickets together with their spin and reduced the Tigers to 47 for 9.

Stallions in reply lost Shakeel Ansar for seven in pursuit of a small total, though captain Shoaib, along with the Shahid Yousuf, took them home without getting into further trouble within seven overs, finishing second in group A.

Rawalpindi Rams 143 (Azam 66, Samiullah 3-22) tied with Faisalabad Wolves 143 (Misbah 42). Rawalpindi Rams won the Super Over

The match between Rawalpindi Rams and Faisalabad Wolves went down to the wire, with the Rams edging ahead in the Super Over. Rams captain Sohail Tanvir conceded 9 runs and took Misbah-ul-Haq's wicket in the one-over eliminator, before Hammad Azam helped knock off the required runs to beat the Wolves. Both teams, however, have confirmed their spots in the semi-final, starting Saturday. Lahore Lions will take on Wolves while Sialkot Stallions will go head to head against Rams.

Earlier, Rams opted to bat first but kept losing wickets at regular intervals. By the end of 16 overs, Rams lost seven wickets for 98 runs but Azam's aggressive 66 off 35 balls, with the help of 11 boundaries including three sixes - also his first Twenty20 half-century - took Rams to a fighting total. Samiullah Khan (3-22) and Ehsan Adil (2-36) were the pick of the bowlers for Wolves.

In reply, Wolves got off to a flying start with Farrukh Shehzad (24) and Ali Waqas (23) adding 47 runs for the first wicket before losing wickets. They went past the 100 mark in the 15th over with the required run-rate touching nine. However, Misbah took matters into his own hands and took the game to the final ball. Requiring 2 off 1 ball, Misbah mistimed a short ball over midwicket, and a freak run-out resulted in a tie.

Karachi Dolphins 146 for 8 (Fawad 60, Maqsood 4-25) beat Bahawalpur Stags 121 for 6 (Mubashir 39) by 25 runs

Karachi Dolphins won a dead rubber by 25 runs, led by Fawad Alam's half-century. Dolphins' decision to bat first backfired initially with the top order collapsing cheaply. Shahzaib Hasan and Khurram Manzoor departed in the space of two balls for ducks in the first over followed by another double-strike which reduced Dolphins to 22 for 4 in four overs. Thereafter, a defiant Fawad smashed 60 off 48 balls to power his team to a commanding total 146 for 8. Ataullah (3-32) and Fahad Maqsood (4-25) were the main destroyers for Bahawalpur Stags. The Stags began positively, with the openers adding 48 in less than six overs. However, three quick strikes after the 11th over stalled their chase and the match from thereon never slipped out of Dolphins' control.