- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †More b Prabhakar217300011.76c Azharuddin b Prabhakar816211050.00c Azharuddin b Srinath536520013.88lbw b Prabhakar043000.00lbw b Kumble9118924310048.14c & b Kapil Dev863841012.69c Manjrekar b Srinath9820330712048.27lbw b Kumble931341029.03b Prabhakar3171874043.66retired hurt315200020.00not out1432411043.75Extras23 (lb 10, nb 9, w 4)TOTAL292 all out (110.5 Overs, RR: 2.63)Fall of wickets: 1-10 (Andrew Hudson), 2-11 (Jimmy Cook), 3-11 (Peter Kirsten), 4-26 (Kepler Wessels), 5-73 (Hansie Cronje), 6-158 (Jonty Rhodes), 7-186 (David Richardson), 8-251 (Craig Matthews), 8-261* (Meyrick Pringle, retired not out ), 9-292 (Brian McMillan)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Wessels b Matthews748690014.58lbw b McMillan1453721026.41b McMillan728421025.00c Hudson b Cronje11127037319041.11c Wessels b Matthews927441033.33lbw b McMillan750801014.00c †Richardson b Donald214200014.28c McMillan b Donald2537534067.56c †Richardson b McMillan1052710019.23not out2158874036.20c †Richardson b Donald516260031.25Extras9 (lb 4, nb 1, w 4)TOTAL227 all out (108 Overs, RR: 2.1)Fall of wickets: 1-27 (Ravi Shastri), 2-27 (Ajay Jadeja), 3-44 (Sanjay Manjrekar), 4-77 (Mohammad Azharuddin), 5-124 (Pravin Amre), 6-127 (Manoj Prabhakar), 7-155 (Kapil Dev), 8-174 (Kiran More), 9-212 (Sachin Tendulkar), 10-227 (Javagal Srinath)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †More b Srinath311091482028.44b Kumble531572036033.75b Kumble501241507040.32run out (sub [Sharma])1135570031.42b Kumble26841094030.95b Kumble1334541038.23b Kumble15751100020.00c Prabhakar b Kumble527300018.51c Tendulkar b Prabhakar1860841030.00not out713220053.84absent hurt-Extras23 (b 1, lb 14, nb 7, w 1)TOTAL252 all out (118.2 Overs, RR: 2.12)Fall of wickets: 1-73 (Jimmy Cook), 2-108 (Andrew Hudson), 3-138 (Kepler Wessels), 4-170 (David Richardson), 5-194 (Jonty Rhodes), 6-199 (Peter Kirsten), 7-209 (Brian McMillan), 8-239 (Hansie Cronje), 9-252 (Craig Matthews)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Matthews231391974016.54c Wessels b Donald431171644036.75c †Richardson b Matthews1880012.50lbw b Donald1560020.00not out321161722027.58not out351101563031.81Extras6 (b 2, lb 2, nb 2)TOTAL141/4 (82 Overs, RR: 1.71)Fall of wickets: 1-68 (Ajay Jadeja), 2-70 (Mohammad Azharuddin), 3-71 (Sachin Tendulkar), 4-73 (Ravi Shastri)
Player Of The Match
- Thu, 26 Nov - day 1 - South Africa 1st innings 226/7 (BM McMillan 69*, CR Matthews 15*)
- Fri, 27 Nov - day 2 - India 1st innings 128/6 (SR Tendulkar 75*, N Kapil Dev 1*)
- Sat, 28 Nov - day 3 - South Africa 2nd innings 75/1 (AC Hudson 35*, DJ Richardson 2*)
- Sun, 29 Nov - day 4 - India 2nd innings 15/0 (RJ Shastri 7*, A Jadeja 8*)
- Mon, 30 Nov - day 5 - India 2nd innings 141/4 (82 ov) - end of match
- MW Pringle retired hurt at 261/8 (injured over the eye by a ball from Srinath).
- SR Tendulkar, 111 in 373 min, 270 balls, 19x4, 4th test hundred.
- When on 33, Tendulkar became the youngest at 19 years & 217 days to reach 1000 runs in Test cricket.
- Rhodes on 26 in a score of 61/4 luckily escaped when Umpire Bucknor refused to refer a run out to the 3rd umpire. Replays showed Rhodes clearly out of the crease.
The Indian team's manager on the historic 1992-93 tour to South Africa looks back at his encountre with the most iconic leader of the late 20th century
When the time came for South Africa to host their first international series after readmission, it was only natural they pick India
The Indian tour of South Africa in 1992-93 was historic in more waysthan one