- not out24193701126.31not out178921212.50Extras10 (lb 4, w 6)TOTAL172/6 (20 Overs, RR: 8.6)Fall of wickets: 1-1 (Alex Hales, 0.3 ov), 2-73 (Moeen Ali, 7.5 ov), 3-76 (Michael Lumb, 8.4 ov), 4-103 (Eoin Morgan, 12.2 ov), 5-129 (Jos Buttler, 15.4 ov), 6-148 (Chris Jordan, 17.4 ov)
- not out24172740141.17not out1661312266.66Extras1 (lb 1)TOTAL52/1 (5.2 Overs, RR: 9.75)Fall of wickets: 1-29 (Martin Guptill, 3.3 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 55 runs, 1 wicket)
- England: 50 runs in 5.2 overs (32 balls), Extras 4
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 29 balls (MJ Lumb 15, MM Ali 30, Ex 5)
- England: 100 runs in 11.3 overs (69 balls), Extras 7
- England: 150 runs in 18.2 overs (110 balls), Extras 10
- Innings Break: England - 172/6 in 20.0 overs (RS Bopara 24, TT Bresnan 17)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory)
- New Zealand: 50 runs in 5.1 overs (31 balls), Extras 1
- Rain: New Zealand - 52/1 in 5.2 overs (KS Williamson 24, BB McCullum 16)
England captain Stuart Broad has been fined 15% of his match fee for his comments following his team's rain-affected defeat against New Zealand.
For the third time at a World T20, England have found their chances hampered by a Duckworth-Lewis defeat. in 2010 the towelled down and went on to win the trophy; Michael Lumb was part of the side.
Stuart Broad did his best to hide his anger after a decision by the umpires on when to take the players off in England's World T20 opener led to defeat against New Zealand via the Duckworth-Lewis method
Luke Wright, the England allrounder, has been ruled out of the World Twenty20 with a side strain. Wicketkeeper-batsman Craig Kieswetter has been brought in as Wright's replacement
Brendon McCullum whacked a full toss from Stuart Broad in the last ball of the fifth over to take New Zealand past the Duckworth-Lewis target just before rain poured down.
Jade Dernabach's T20I economy is the worst among bowlers who have at least bowled 30 overs in the last two years
Number of instances of England starting the innings with a spinner. Three of them have come against NZ
Number of times NZ have beaten England in a run-chases - they've lost on all 3 occasions
Number of times England have lost a match after posting more than 170 runs in 10 previous instances
Runs scored by Morgan in his last 10 T20I innings; average 12.4, SR 108
His most expensive over in T20I - against SA in Barbados, 2010. Today's 17 is his 7th-most expensive over